09 January 2013

Relaxing place - Tropea




Perfect sea. Clean beach. Silence. Sun.
Tropea. It's like paradise on earth. Walking around there is fantastic all year around. During the winter the temperature is around 15-17 degrees, can arrive as well to 20, during the summer around 35. Tropea has one of the most beautiful beaches in Europe, according to the Sunday times online edition (2007). Little city has only around 6000 habitants all year round, they can enjoy the beauty. 
First time that I went to Tropea during the winter, I went there during the summer when I had the possibility. The "calabresi" tell, that there is nothing to do in winter.


Church Madonna dell'Isola
All is close. What can you do there, nothing. They are all so abitude to see all this beauty around themselves, that, for my opinion, they do not appriciate all this. Could I if, I lived there?
I adore walking. Around the narrow streets, where there are no cars, that push you away. The silence on the streets, maybe you hear some granny to scream in dialect. But no chinese tourists around with big Luois Vuoitton shopping bags to push you away from their way. Holding big proffessional cameras in their hands to take photos.
 I am happy, that this part of Italy is yet empty of chinese tourists. 

Little cave where I sat
Arriving to Tropea the first persons I saw were two beautiful blond women, speaking in russian, taking the train direction Lamezia Terme, where there is a airport. Surprised. I went on. The train station is near to the city center., though the place is little I call it a city. I went to the balcony were you can enjoy fantastic view to the church of Madonna dell'isola and to the coast. During the summer there is open one bar, where you can eat and drink something while enjoying the view and listening the sea. I stood there. I watched the sea. Relaxed. I fell into emptyness. All what I saw stolen my thoughts, my head was empty. Moment of meditation. 

Perfect beach
I continued, went to the stairs that take you down to the sea. More windy down. But not at all cold. Temperature was near 20 degrees. "This type of winter I adore," I thought. 
I walked. Some people passed me by. They watched me. Smile. And we continued our walk. Everyone of us different direction. Usually calabresi are very interested to "analyse" you, but here they did not even care of my excistence. Taking me for an another tourist.

The port of Tropea. Every thursday at 18.00
you can go there to buy fresh fish
I sat in one cliff near to the sea. Near there were one cave. I entered. I found the stairs. Water entered. Went out. I sat and I watched. Listened it. Can I ever find one place so perfect?
I stayed alone. Like I wished. Perfect meditation. I felt my thoughts to fade. Only sea. Only the rumor of it. Perfect place to be.
Tropea is beautiful as well during the winter, for the person that seek a little bit loneliness. During the summer perfect place to go to the sea. Eat some ice cream. Walk around, though during the evening. Midday the heat of the sun kills you. During the day you can spend  your time on the beach, let the sun grill your skin.
Tropea is one of the pearls of less known Italy! 



No comments:

Post a Comment