14 January 2012

Trekking to cascades

Calabria is not only sea and sea ... And again sea. During the summer you have more activities than just lay down on a beautiful beach and enjoy the sea. You can as well go to a "walk" in mountains. 
 One day I was told, that was possible to visit cascades, though not so big and famous as thouse in America, but still beautiful. I took a chance to do something different, go to visit different type of place. Cascades what we were about to vist are called "mundu" about 50 meters and "galasia" about 35 meters long.
Our trip started afternoon. From Taurianova. We left our car to the beginning point of our trekking trip called "Grancu".
We were in eight. As I have already been in mountains, though knowing how hard is the road, I put shoes, what I had bought the day before, ugly as hell, but in mountains I was most happy to wear them. Road was slippery and uncomfortable, but with my boots I survived good.
Some of us had put type of sneakers. Ok, I must admit, was little bit funny to watch, but too scary. Some places were little dangerous if you should slip and fall ... 
As I went the first time to Monte Rosa in Lombardia with sneakers, I knew perfectly how hard it was for him, though he did not complain at all. Instead...Made jokes! 
So if you are about to start for one trekking trip in mountains, use correct shoes, for comfort and aswell for your own safety. 
Our trip lasted about three-four hours. In fresh air. Arriving to our destination point, "galasia" , some of us decided to go to take a refreshing bath. Water was cold as smelting snow! So I was the one who didn't enter, but enjoyed the surroundings. 
About half hour we stayed there. As it was starting to be dark, we had to go back and leave another waterfall to our next time trip. In the end we were little bit lost.
Guess what helped us out in middle of nowhere???
SMARTPHONE with google map!! 

1 comment:

  1. Haah! once in states we decided to climb to Smokey Mountains. I happened to wear flip-flops and in the beginning it seemed like any other national park. Long story short - I absolutely agree with you :D

    ReplyDelete