01 January 2012

Architectural pearl

Venice is after Roma most visited city in Italy, mostly the visitors come from foreign country. City of romance and water lagoons, place what we all dream to visit.Take a ride with a gondel. Admire the masterpieces of architecture, that still despite the nature, remain there for us to enjoy. 
My trip there started early in the morning, we took the train regionale, which quality is not the best, but as the trip is not so long and price is good, it is good choice. I felt excitment to have the possibility to visit the living room of the world - the square of San Marco, and see the palaces.
The palaces where the noble one's once spent their life. The pearl of architecture, which I have read and moreover heard so much. 
"Venice is the dream city! Obligatory to visit!"
Arriving to the city center I saw how full was it of the tourists, who were wondering around, like us watching and enjoying the beauty that surrounded us. But so full, that for me was almost impossible to enjoy it all, as Venice is little, not as big as Rome. In the end I felt like I was trapped in anthill. I watched them, thinking, why they come here, only for telling I have visited Venice? Or do they really enjoy walking so close to another persons?
 I continued my walk. I saw most important touristic attractions as Grande Canale and Piazza San Marco. To visit one museum, I would have needed to stay there at least  two-three days. Stand in the line as early as possible, maybe half hour before they open the museums. Like in sovietic times in my country, if came something new on the shop you had to stand in the line two-three hours before, other wise you couldn't have the product. Here the difference is that if you go in the line midday, probably you will see only the door closing under your nose, and italian politely telling you:
"Please come back tomorrow." 
Though I had not possibility to enter in one church or take a coffe in the piazza of San Marco or had a trip with one gondola, I enjoyed this day the same.
Taking a trip with a gondola is tradition for italians, they take it after the marriage. But for us it is just only a trip thruogh the "canali", business for italians. Magic is lost of this tradition is lost in the world of money... Like say one proverb: 
"Money makes the world go."
Venice, though it is all the time full, is one place worth to visit, even just for one time in your lifetime. The architecture, the way of this city is magic, and it has bewitched us so many years, or it is just italians, who had made us love it so much?





No comments:

Post a Comment